The Ethnic Studies program of the Northern Arizona University will provide a professional program for those in secondary schools and in the public or private sector, who wish to increase their skills and knowledge in the area of diversity, race and ethnic studies.
In this program, you will learn to:
- define race, ethnicity, culture, and nationality—and analyze the differences
- analyze the history and culture of major racial and ethnic groups in the U.S.
- question racial and cultural realities that inform the beliefs, actions and ideologies of Americans in local, regional, and national contexts
- distinguish differences between and similarities among ethnic communities
- analyze areas of stratification (race, ethnicity, gender, class, etc) and their relationships to equity and power
- build relationships with organizations that can strengthen racialized communities while paving the way for multicultural and multiracial relationships
- Critical Approaches To Ethnic Studies
- Chicano/Chicana Literature
- Southwest Ethnology: Pueblo
- Development Perspectives Of Human Diversity
- Anthropology Of Development
- World Indigenous People And Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Ethnic Studies View 208 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.