You create your own course of study, focusing on your personal, intellectual, ethical, and practical concerns. Through the Sustainable Communities program of the Northern Arizona University, you will take an integrated approach to several areas of study, such as anthropology, business, economics, the performing arts, and many more. Building your expertise in sustainable community practices will prepare you for a wide range of employment opportunities.
The M.A. program in Sustainable Communities (SUS) at NAU integrates many areas of study, including anthropology, the arts, business, humanities, economics, education, environmental science, history, political science, psychology, religion, sociology, women's studies, and technology. Our guiding principles are:
- Inter-disciplinary inquiry
- Linking theory and practice
- Issue-based research
- Learner-based curriculum
- Working with community
- Flexible pedagogy
- Visions Of Sustainable Communities
- Elements And Contexts Of Sustainable Communities
- Social Transformations
- The Craft Of Inquiry
- Achieving Sustainable Communities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 702 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement or essay.
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.