Statistics is a profession in its own right, but it's also an essential tool in countless career fields; from physical and social science to business, engineering, and marketing. Government and industry employers need skilled statisticians for operations research, numerical analysis, simulation and modeling, data analysis, market research, and commercial surveys.
With the Statistics program of the Northern Arizona University, you will be trained in both the theory and application of statistics in a specific mathematics related area of your choice. Examples of these areas could be in:
- actuarial science
- applied mathematics
- applied statistics
- environmental science
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Policy analyst
- Research assistant
- Data analyst
- Regression Analysis
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Statistical Consulting Practicum
- Mathematical Statistics
- Theory Of Linear Models
- Experimental Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 357 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency scores.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or essay
- Prerequisites (completed prior to enrolling in the program): at least 23 hours of undergraduate mathematics and statistics coursework at the level of calculus and above with a grade of C or better, and have at least a 3.0 grade point average in these courses. The 23 credit hours must include coursework in multivariable calculus, linear algebra, real analysis (advanced calculus), and mathematical statistics.
- List of courses taken in the field with titles/authors of textbooks used
International26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
National26994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26994 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11004 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Flagstaff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.