The Elementary Education - Certification program of the Northern Arizona University will help you enhance your teaching skills in K-8 education. You’ll complete advanced courses in teaching methods and curriculum.
Benefits of this education degree program
You will be provided the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to prepare you for a career in teaching. When you graduate, your advanced degree will put you ahead of the competition in your field.
This terminal master’s degree leads to an Institutional Recommendation for Elementary Teacher Certification in the State of Arizona.
Courses include current teaching methods, practicum, and student teaching experiences, as well as courses in assessment, technology, and curriculum.
Applicants to this program are typically those seeking a teaching career after earning an undergraduate degree in another field.
- Literacy I: Developmental Literacy, Evidenced-based Practices, & Language Arts In Elementary School
- Literacy II: Language Arts Methods, Evidenced-based Practices In The Elementary School
- Graduate Mathematics And Evidenced Practices Grades 1-8
- Graduate Science And Evidence-based Practices In Elementary School
- Graduate Social Studies And Evidence-based Practices In Elementary School
- Elementary Curriculum And Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 644 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs. Details on admission requirements are included in the online application.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
International20384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 416 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 416 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.