The Computer Science program of the Florida Polytechnic University attracts both recent college graduates and working professionals with clear aptitude in mathematics and logical reasoning. Students in the computer science major write a thesis. Students in the analytics track master commercial data analytic tools for visualization and analysis techniques.
Education Meets Innovation
The M.S. in Computer Science curriculum prepares students with the necessary skills for advancing their careers across a range of industry applications: business analytics, web application development, mobile application development, computer graphics and animation, game development, robotics, AI and machine learning, computational biology and medicine, modeling, and cybersecurity.
Concentrations in Computer Science Masters Program
Completing the Computer Science track will prepare you to design and analyze algorithms to solve problems and study the performance of computer hardware and software. In addition, it will give you a strong foundation as you encounter a range of problems, such as determining what problems can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithms that solve them to designing applications that perform well on handheld devices, that are easy to use, and that uphold security measures.
Completing the Data Science track will help you to identify and formulate key business challenges, collect and manage data from a variety of sources, select effective analytical techniques to identify solutions, and communicate results in a clear and creative way, harnessing the power of data in decision making. Data scientists are in high demand in a wide range of industries, including information technology, finance, healthcare, insurance, energy, transportation, manufacturing, telecommunications and more.
Computer science graduates have a variety of ways to shape their post-graduation career path: entrepreneur, web application development, computer graphics, video games, enterprise computing, embedded systems, network administration, mobile applications, computer security, computer vision, computational biology, high performance (super) computing, scientific modeling, database systems, computer animations, wireless networks, artificial intelligence.
- Scientific Computation and Programming
- Advanced Database Systems Design
- Computation Theory
- Advanced Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Data Mining & Text Mining
- Data Wrangling and Exploratory Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 234 other Masters in Machine Learning in United States
- Complete an international admission application.
- Submit your scores for at least one English proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB)
- Complete an I-20 application form
- Provide a copy of your passport
- Provide proof of available funds to cover the cost of your first year of study, including miscellaneous expenses.
- Send us your official college transcripts from all of the institutions you’ve attended. If your cumulative college GPA is below a 3.25, please also submit official GRE scores. If your cumulative college GPA is a 3.25 or higher, the Graduate Admission Committee may waive the GRE requirement.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose. This should be a brief summary of your research interests and goals for the program.
International29790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 993 USD per credit during 12 months.
National29790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 993 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 385 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lakeland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.