New applications of mathematics are constantly being discovered, and established techniques are being applied in new ways and in emerging fields.
The Department of Mathematics’ MS in Applied Mathematics program is growing steadily, serving students from the region and worldwide.
Our curriculum is designed to address the needs of those seeking to enter or are currently working in a variety of applied math careers, such as financial service and investment management firms; data science and high-tech firms; computer information and software firms; and academic institutions and research institutes.
The program at Northeastern University has been developed by research faculty, PhD-holding teaching faculty, and industry experts to bring together academic rigor and industry need.
The program’s focus is to help students develop skills and a career direction in the growing world of applied mathematics and modeling. To support these goals, the program offers:
- Optional co-op: Students can gain industry experience working in one of many applied math careers during their graduate degree.
- Evening classes: Courses meet in the evenings to accommodate our students' busy schedules.
- Tailored curriculum: Students are allowed to take up to two courses outside the mathematics department, providing the flexibility to create a curriculum tailored to their career interests.
- Weekly seminars: The Department of Mathematics is an active research department with weekly seminars in applied and pure mathematics. We bring in speakers from outside the discipline and the university to speak on cutting-edge mathematics and applications.
- Research opportunities
- Real-world experience: Some courses include in-class projects with real-world data for industry clients.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Methods and Modeling
- Analysis: Functions of One Variable
- Mathematical Statistics
- Applied Statistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 43 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts for all institutions attended(Official transcripts required upon acceptance of admission offer)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- Proof of English proficiency for all applicants (from one of the following):
- Degree earned or in progress at a U.S. institution
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE exam
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International49600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49600 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National49600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 49600 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.