To prepare to become leaders in the field, MPH students build expertise in core public health concepts and customize their learning with skill development in areas like precision nutrition, health communications, data analysis, environmental epidemiology, and more.
The online Master of Public Health from Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan offers true flexibility, in contrast with other top online MPH programs that require residential study. Online students are welcome to visit and study on campus, but this is never required by the program.
The comprehensive MPH curriculum equips students to tackle complex health challenges such as chronic and infectious diseases, obesity and food insecurity, health care quality and costs, climate change and environmental health determinants, and the health impact of socioeconomic inequalities. Each student gains real-world experience through applied practice experiences with professionals in the public health sector.
Students develop skills in data collection and analysis, intervention strategy, and communication methods, preparing them to succeed in a wide variety of roles and organizations. Graduates of Michigan Public Health are found in key positions as leaders at non-profit organizations, hospitals, insurance companies, universities, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and local and national government organizations.
- 98 percent of graduates are employed, continuing their education, or not seeking employment
- Nearly half of graduates work in a hospital or health care provider setting, or academia
- Graduates are employed at companies and organizations such as Google, 23andMe, the CDC, the FDA, General Motors, Cleveland Clinic, and Accenture, among many others
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Epidemiology for Public Health
- Social Determinants of Health
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Public Health Systems, Policy and Management
- Communication Fundamentals
- Public Health Sciences and the Environment
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 187 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 4-year bachelor's degree conferred from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or equivalent (WES ICAP verification for international)
- Statement of purpose/objectives (1,500 words)
- Reflective essay (500 words)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professional and/or academic contacts
- Test scores: GRE or MCAT
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1060 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1060 USD per credit and a duration of 20 months.
National960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 960 USD per credit and a duration of 20 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.