Due to the uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 situation and the resulting restrictions we are looking for safe ways to organize and conduct teaching in the upcoming academic year. The safety and wellbeing of our students and staff is our main priority. At present we are exploring a combination of online instruction and classroom teaching. For more details contact the UCT Prague directly.
The broadly outlined structure of this programme together with intentional connection between chemical, biological and engineering education widens possibilities of graduates' employability.
The Biotechnology and Food Science programme at University of Chemistry and Technology Prague extends and deepens general knowledge gained at the Bachelor level studies both in compulsory courses in biochemistry, organic and physical chemistry, biology, microbiology, food analysis, food safety and process control and biotechnology and bioengineering.
The students may concentrate on a particular branch of study by a proper choice of optional courses.
The graduates are ready to acquire highly qualified positions in biotechnological companies, in food production plants, in health care, veterinary medicine and pharmaceutical companies.
They can also get positions in institutions oriented to environmental protection, in commercial companies and in research and development organizations or in process design and control and quality management. Due to versatility of their knowledge background they easily adapt to changing conditions and new tasks. The graduates may also find positions in administration and in supervisory agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Organic Chemistry of Natural Compounds
- Physical Chemistry of Colloidal Systems
- Isolation and Analysis of Biomacromolecules
- Food Process Quality Control
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Reaction Mechanisms in Food Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period starts on 10th of January
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 7 other Masters in Biochemistry in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Verified Diploma with Diploma supplement (Master degree applicants) OR Graduation certificate with Transcript of records
- Recognition (Nostrification) certificate of your previous education shall be submitted by the date of Enrolment at the latest
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport (only the page with your picture and personal data)
- Certified translation of Birth certificate or similar document providing evidence of date and place of birth (NOT an ID or passport).
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution.
International2602 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2602 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2602 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2602 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
65 500,- CZK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.