The broadly designed structure of this programme—together with intentional connection between chemical, biological, and engineering education—opens a wide range of career options to graduates.
The Biotechnology and Food Science programme at University of Chemistry and Technology Prague extends and deepens general knowledge gained at the Bachelor level in biochemistry, organic and physical chemistry, biology, microbiology, food technology and analysis, and in the fundamentals in biotechnology and bioengineering. Students may hone their expertise by properly choosing elective courses.
Graduates are prepared for highly qualified positions in biotechnological companies, in food production plants, in companies oriented to agricultural commodities, and in health care or pharmaceutical companies. They are qualified to hold positions in (bio-)process design and control and quality management in research and development departments. Due to the versatility of their education, graduates are prepared to adapt easily to changing conditions and new tasks. Graduates are also prepared for positions in administration and supervisory agencies and doctoral studies.
- Molecular Biology
- Genetic Engineering
- Food and Biochemical Process Engineering
- Reaction Mechanisms in Food Chemistry
- Special Food Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The application period begins on January 15
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Biochemistry View 9 other Masters in Biology in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are supposed to have acquired Bachelor/Master degree in a related field of study. The level of their university degree must be equivalent to the level of a Czech university Bachelor/Master degree. Whether the education acquired outside the Czech Republic is equivalent will be determined by the means of Nostrification, which can be executed by a public university that runs a study programme similar in terms and content, i.e. the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague
- Recognition (Nostrification) certificate of your previous education shall be submitted by the date of Enrolment at the latest (Enrolment day is usually in September) or you can apply for the recognition as a part of your admission process.
- Cover letter / Motivation letter
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport (only the page with your picture and personal data)
- Recent Health certificate
International2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per year during 24 months.
70 700 CZK per academic year
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.