Students choose at minimum one disciplinary area to earn their endorsement from social studies, math, science, or literacy (language arts). Subject area endorsements require 21 hours of approved content courses in the discipline. Candidates complete 200 hours of clinical experience in grades 5-8 and full-time student teaching in their endorsement area for 16 weeks.
- Research Methodologies For Classroom Teachers
- Media Technology For Educators
- Children's And Young Adult Literature
- Literacy Instruction For Middle Level
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesTeaching View 1085 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- 2 letters of professional recommendation
- MAT program application and writing sample
- GPA in undergraduate work of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Passage of the Illinois Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) orTest of Academic Proficiency (TAP).
- 21 credits in the endorsement content area (If a student does not have 21 credits in their endorsement area, a Conditional Admission may be given by the program)
International808 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 808 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National808 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 808 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State404 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 404 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.