In the Focused Studies Liberal Arts Track, students at University of South Florida St Petersburg explore a particular subject from within the larger perspective of the liberal arts, earning 18 of the 33 required hours in a specific discipline. As part of their core requirements, students may take courses in pedagogy and education, theory, or research methods, which would enable them to teach at the community college or university lower level (within the discipline of the 18 earned hours), continue on for doctoral work, or work in areas related to their chosen field of study.In the Interdisciplinary Studies track, students build their own unique degree from various disciplines (e.g. culture and the environment, ethics and the workplace, social justice and engagement etc.), and related core requirements, preparing them for study or professional careers in related areas, including work for non-profits and other businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies
- Composition Pedagogy
- Research Methods in Mass Communication
- Role of Education in a Democracy
- Ethics in Private and Professional Life
- Graduate Seminar: Issues in Rhetoric and Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 558 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- A bachelor’s degree with a “B” average or better and a previous graduate degree with a “B” average or better. In cases where an applicant has a bachelor’s and a graduate degree at the time of admission, the credentials and GPA of the graduate degree will be the determining factor for admission.
- The equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution. Bachelor’s degrees from institutions in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) are considered equivalent based on the Bologna Accord. For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree with less than 120 hours, from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from a NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the official language, and who have not earned at least a bachelor’s degree in the U.S., must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
International15696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15696 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15696 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7672 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.