Areas of specialization are: Recreation Therapy or Recreation Administration.The specialization program in recreation therapy can be designed to meet certification requirements of the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC). The specialization in Recreation Administration prepares students for advanced careers in the field of parks, recreation, and tourism.Beyond the core and specialization related classes, students are required to take a practicum based course to gain career related experience. The curriculum is also individualized and structured to meet the needs of students who are working full time by offering courses mostly in the evenings or on weekends using both traditional and hybrid formats.
- Emerging Legal Issues in Recreation and Leisure
- Planning and Development of Recreation Programs and Leisure
- Seminar in Recreation and Administration
- Designs of Park and Recreation Facilities
- Foundations of Leisure and Recreation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Tourism & Leisure View 57 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
- Online application: This includes a 500 word personal essay and a $50 application fee (payment is made by credit card - American Express, Discover, and Master Card)
- Document-by-document evaluation of high school record: Evaluation agency must be a member of NACES - List of acceptable evaluation agencies. For questions about the evaluation process, please contact the agency directly. If your transcript is in English, an evaluation is still required to determine diploma equivalency.
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, Certificate of completion from ELS Academic English Level 112, SAT, or ACT
International12244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12244 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6704 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.