Physician Assistants are healthcare professionals licensed to practice medicine with physician supervision. Services commonly provided by physician assistants include:
- Taking Medical Histories
- Performing Physical Examinations
- Ordering and Interpreting Lab Tests
- Assisting in Surgery
- Counseling Patients
- Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties
- Internal Medicine
Core PA Program faculty are available onsite at all campus locations and consist of physicians, physician assistants, pharmacologists, and professors of basic human and social sciences from Lock Haven University. The core physician and PA faculty have over 130 years of cumulative healthcare experience and represent leaders within the PA profession and PA education.
Program HighlightsScholarships: From honorariums to full-tuition waivers, scholarships exist to reward your hard work and dedication to the major. Available scholarships for the Physician Assistant Program include:
- CT Assist Scholarship
- Lacy Magagnotti Memorial Scholarship
- Michael Greenberg MD, MBA Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Stephen and Pamela Poorman Physician Assistant Scholarship
- The Dr. Larry H. Lytle and Lynn J. Lytle Scholarship
- The Eleanor Baieroski Harendza Scholarship
- The TurnKey Electric Physician Assistant Scholarship
- Victoria J. Romeo, MD Memorial Physician Assistant Scholarship
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Neurology Module
- Orthopedics Module
- Urology & Sexually Transmitted Disease Module
- Rheumatology Module
- Human Sexuality Module
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 686 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory completion of the Graduate Record Exam (a minimum combined score of 300 and a minimum GRE writing score of 3.5) within the past three years.
- Satisfactory completion of all prerequisite courses (B or better) listed here: General Chemistry, General Biology or Zoology, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Human Genetics, Microbiology, Statistics
- While not required, the following courses are recommended as they better prepare students for the rigor of the program: Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Developmental Psychology, Physics
- Additional coursework in the behavioral sciences: Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology
- Anatomy and Physiology courses must be completed within 5 years of matriculation.
- All students must show evidence of computer literacy, either through formal coursework or experience
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4644 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4644 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3096 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.