With an ever-growing demand for IT professionals, students of the MSIT program with a specialization in Cybersecurity will be able to plan, implement, upgrade, manage and monitor security for information assurance and protection of computer networks. The blending of the Internet of Things with network communications has established a terrific need for information systems security. The University of West Florida’s M.S. in Information Technology-Cybersecurity program is designed for students and individuals to become cybersecurity experts in protecting the nation’s most critical information technology systems and infrastructure.The program focuses on various aspects of cybersecurity as applied to information technology such as Software Assurance and Security, Database Security, Information Security Management, Secure Software development and special topics in cybersecurity research. With 100 percent of the program being offered online, the courses have been carefully blended to meet the real-world requirements and to facilitate hands-on experience for achieving successful careers in the domain of information technology.Program Highlights
- Complete the program in four academic semesters
- Flexible online classes
- Become a highly skilled, adaptable cybersecurity professional
- Predict and protect against cybercrime
- Participate in interactive case studies
- Graduate funding available
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Software Engineering Foundations: Java Programming
- Database Systems
- Applied Information Security
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security View 178 other Masters in IT Security in United States
- Submission of graduate admission tests: GRE (145 quantitative and 150 verbal) or MAT (370)
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA/major GPA of 3.0
- Submission of letter of intent describing work experience and reasons for pursuing the degree program, including how the degree relates to career goals
- Submission of three signed recommendation letters
International1029 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1029 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National463 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State369 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 369 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.