Although the specific constituency of La Sierra University and the Richards Divinity School is the Seventh-day Adventist Church, both the University and the Divinity School welcome students from other faith traditions. The Divinity School offers five graduate programs that fall into the categories of professional and academic.
Our professional programs are tailored for those who work, or would like to work, in some aspect of Christian ministry. We offer two professional programs: the Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree program and the Graduate Certificate in Ministry (CMin) program. The MDiv is the standard degree program for professional ministry. The CMin program prepares lay persons for local church leadership.
We offer Master of Arts (MA) programs with majors in religion and Near Eastern archaeology for persons interested in focused, academic study and research in these disciplines. The Master of Theological Studies (MTS) program provides graduate-level, academic study across the broad spectrum of religious studies disciplines.
In the Near Eastern Archaeology program from La Sierra University, you can study and do research in particular fields within the discipline of near eastern archaeology.
Currently students who graduate from La Sierra University with a BA in Archaeology will be ineligible for the MA Near Eastern Archaeology at La Sierra University.
- Research & Writing in Religion
- Archaeology Methods and Theory
- Fieldwork in Middle Eastern Archaeology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
Rolling admissions; these are the preferred deadlines.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology Anthropology View 806 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- For regular admission, applicants must hold a four-year baccalaureate degree or equivalent with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or better (on a 4-point scale) from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- International applicants must meet the requirements of the university for English-language competence to enroll in full college level coursework. e Divinity School will consider waiving this requirement for international applicants who have demonstrated success in graduate courses or programs o ered in English at other universities.
- Students must have adequate undergraduate or graduate preparation in their chosen eld of study. Without such preparation, students must complete a set of foundational courses (up to 24 units—see below) before taking the regular courses of the program (courses numbered 510 or above).
International17520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 730 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Home Gardens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.