Perfusionists are operating room specialists who conduct cardiopulmonary bypass. That is, they pump and oxygenate the blood of patients whose hearts or lungs are stopped, usually during open heart surgery.
- In the Clinical Perfusion program from Upstate Medical University SUNY, we encourage students to observe an open-heart procedure at a medical center and conduct an informational interview with a clinical perfusionist.
- Occasionally, perfusionists work outside the operating room, providing support for patients with circulatory failure.
- Cardiovascular Perfusion Techniques
- Physiological Assessment
- Selected Topics in Medical Physiology
- Research Methods
- Professional Behaviors and Policy in Clinical Perfusion
- Clinical Applications in Perfusion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 784 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Upstate Medical University SUNY and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum GPA of a 2.8 cumulative and prerequisite is required. Preference is given to GPA’s of 3.0 or better.
- Completion of Prerequisite Courses. Prerequisite courses must be completed by the time of matriculation. Students may apply if prerequisite courses are in progress or planned to be completed by the time of matriculation.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.