Perfusionists are operating room specialists who conduct cardiopulmonary bypass. That is, they pump and oxygenate the blood of patients whose hearts or lungs are stopped, usually during open heart surgery.
- In the Clinical Perfusion program from Upstate Medical University SUNY, we encourage students to observe an open-heart procedure at a medical center and conduct an informational interview with a clinical perfusionist.
- Occasionally, perfusionists work outside the operating room, providing support for patients with circulatory failure.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cardiovascular Perfusion Techniques
- Physiological Assessment
- Selected Topics in Medical Physiology
- Research Methods
- Professional Behaviors and Policy in Clinical Perfusion
- Clinical Applications in Perfusion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 468 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores recommended but not required.
- The average GPA for the incoming Fall 2020 class is 3.5 and the average cumulative GRE is 313; however, we holistically review applications with a wide range of scores and GPAs.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended.
- Three original letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic record and potential for investigative research. Applicants will submit their reference's information when filling out their application for admission. Upon submission of the application, the references will receive instructions on how to submit them through MyUpstate.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.