The graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology, is open to students with communicative disorders or related bachelor's degrees who have demonstrated the ability to excel at an advanced level as well as indicated great potential for success in academic work and clinical work.
In order to be considered for admission to the graduate program at California State University, Fresno, the applicant needs to submit the following: (1) a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 units of any coursework and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in CSDS coursework; (2) three letters of recommendation; (3) a letter of intent; and (4) Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
Consideration for admission may include but will not be limited to the following: (1) students with outstanding clinical potential, (2) deaf and hard of hearing students, (3) students with disabilities, and (4) students with multicultural or bilingual experience.
- As a student, you are given the opportunity to work in a well-equipped speech and hearing clinic. You can also gain practical experience in a variety of school, private practice, and hospital settings.
- Library facilities contain specialized collections including student access to local medical libraries.
- In the Anna Michelson Memorial Instructional Media Center, you have access to a wide range of therapy production materials such as films, video, clinical equipment, and professional journals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Deaf American Literature
- American Sign Language
- Introduction to Speech and Language Development
- Linguistics of American Sign Language
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Treatment Procedures in Communicative Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 728 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.