The Teaching (MAT) integrates three themes - multicultural, social justice education, action research, and Web-based teaching/learning - to improve school curriculum and instruction, help close the achievement gap in our nation's public schools, and extend the academic and technological foundation provided in teacher credentialing programs.
The Teaching MAT program offered at California State University, Fresno focuses explicitly on applied advanced study in K-12 classrooms, incorporating a mixture of more critically oriented theoretical and research skills, as well as more emphasis on practitioner-oriented knowledge, skills and dispositions, to increase learning for all students. Program applicants must have a teaching credential to be admissible to the online MAT.
MAT graduate courses are designed to address individual professional development and career goals as well as to prepare educators for Ed.D. and Ph.D. terminal degrees. These include the following:
- Classroom teacher/leader
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) teacher/leader
- Curriculum, instruction, and technology consultant
- Multicultural social justice education consultant
- Action research consultant
- Community college instructor
- Educational Applications of Technology
- Educational Applications of Technology for Secondary Teachers
- Classroom Management
- Priniciples of Character Education
- Child Abuse and Neglect for Teachers
- Adolescent Learning and Development
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 1308 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 18 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State5075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5075 USD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.