OverviewProgram OutcomesThe Department of Mechanical Engineering at New Mexico Tech will produce Masters degree graduates who are independent thinkers, taking ownership in identifying problems and determining effective solution strategies in a timely manner. Following working experience after graduation, they will:Be employed successfully in government laboratories, graduate schools, industry, or other areas of the profession.Have an understanding of the importance of lifelong learning such that they seek personal and professional growth.
Have achieved a noteworthy level of workplace responsibility.
There are currently four areas of specialization for the MS in Mechanical Engineering degree:
- Specialization in Explosives Engineering
- Specialization in Fluid and Thermal Sciences
- Specialization in Mechatronics Systems Engineering
- Specialization in Solid Mechanics
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a distance education option for the Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
Specialization in Explosives Engineering core classes:
- Introduction to Explosives Engineering;
- Detonation Theory;
- Wave Propagation;
- Compressible Fluid Flow;
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics;
- Advanced Fluid Mechanics;
- Vibrations in Elastic Continuum;
- Modern Control Theory;
- Manipulator Based Robotics;
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials;
- Theory of Elasticity;
- Plates and Shells;
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 31 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Program requires GRE
- Applicants to the program are expected to hold a B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Applicants with a B.S. degree in a related Engineering or Science field will be considered, however, these applicants must demonstrate competence in mathematics and the basic undergraduate mechanics offered in a typical mechanical engineering curriculum, such as differential equations, thermodynamics, mechanics of materials, and engineering dynamics.
International37686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18843 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National22164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11082 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.