The programme at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
The Geochemistry master’s candidate must demonstrate competence in chemistry, geology, mathematics, and physics comparable to the requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree in either chemistry, one of the engineering sciences, or one of the geological sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A program of study for the master’s degree must be approved by the student’s advisory committee and must satisfy the general requirements for the degree, including GEOP 590 (at least three credit hours) or GEOC 591 (at least six credit hours).Students must complete two credit hours of GEOC 592, at least four credit hours of GEOC 593 (unless the degree is completed in a shorter time), 12 credit hours in geochemistry, and six credit hours in upper‐division or graduate chemistry courses.
- As part of the degree requirements, students must have completed CHEM 331; GEOC 507, GEOC 544, ERTH 200 (mineralogy); or their equivalents.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Geology View 190 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following are required for graduate applications:
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Unofficial GRE scores
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students whose first language is not English. English Language Requirements
- Recommendations letters (three)
- Statement of Purpose
International25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12843 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12843 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4639 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.