For professionals in all disciplines such as business, criminal justice, hospitality, and communications, the graduate Homeland Security Studies program of Endicott College will train you to pursue leadership positions in the ever-changing private and public sector. You’ll address complex, multi-disciplinary, and strategic-level issues, and manage challenges that confront modern societies in an increasingly uncertain national and global security environment.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Recognize the complexity of the interdisciplinary structure of homeland security functions at the federal, state, local and private level.
- Demonstrate the ability to think, act, and articulate critically, pragmatically, and strategically about homeland security.
- Design and evaluate homeland security-related strategies, policies, and plans at various levels of government to protect, prevent and respond to a catastrophic event or disaster.
- Identify and evaluate specific homeland security challenges facing the United States in the 21st century.
Internships and Careers
Homeland Security Studies students and alumni work in a variety of industries and use their graduate-level emergency management, terrorism, and cybersecurity training to lead major initiatives, earn promotions, or acquire a solid job opportunity as the start to a rewarding career path. Select work sites include:
- Carbon Black
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Essex County Sheriff’s Office
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Local & state public safety (police, fire, & emergency management)
- Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport)
- National Grid
- Santander Bank
- Steel Root (IT services company focusing on cybersecurity)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- U.S. State Department
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Homeland Security
- Graduate Writing and Research in Homeland Security
- Asymmetric Threats to the American Homeland
- Emergency Management in Homeland Security
- Cybersecurity for the Homeland Security Professional
- Leadership and Ethics in Emergency Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 109 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee. Application fee waived for veteran and military students
- An updated resume
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference)
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score
- Interview with the program director
International740 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
National740 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 740 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Beverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.