The Criminal Justice and Criminology program of the Georgia Southern University three concentrations, structured both for students seeking careers or professional advancement in the criminal justice field, and for students who ultimately wish to pursue an advanced degree in criminal justice/criminology.
Criminal Justice Degree Emphasis
With an emphasis in criminal justice, you will examine advanced theories, the development of public policy, issues within the criminal justice system and justice administration. You’ll have the opportunity to refine your analytical, research and critical thinking skills to foster a greater understanding of the criminal justice system.
Criminology Degree Emphasis
An emphasis in criminology gives you focused training on the major theoretical perspectives in classical and contemporary criminology, as well as analysis of the nature, prevalence, causes and consequences of violence. This emphasis offers a deeper exploration of the etiology, correlates and theories of criminal behavior.
Cybercrime Degree Emphasis
By emphasizing in cybercrime, you will concentrate your training on laws related to electronic devices and the internet, traditional crimes committed using computers, issues relating to the Fourth Amendment, jurisdiction at state and federal levels, and cyber ethics.
Careers in Criminal Justice with a Master in Criminal Justice
- Community advocate
- victim advocate
- Fire investigator
- Immigration and customs officer
- Corrections officer
- Juvenile justice
- Probation and parole officer
- Public policy advisor
- Cybersecurity investigator
- Cyber defensive operator
- Intelligence analyst
- Policy analyst
- Criminal profiler
- District attorney
- Forensic examiner
- Data analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Proseminar in Ethics and Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Systems: Leadership, Management, and Policy
- Criminological Theory
- Cyber Forensics
- Special Topics in Cybercrime
- Hackers, Malware, and Online Economic Crime
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology Cyber Security View 172 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- A Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited, four-year institution in criminal justice/criminology or related field (that adequately prepares students for success in this field.)
- A 2.75 cumulative grade point average or higher on completed requirements for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. (This application requirement will be waived for applicants who successfully complete the Post-Baccalaureate Cyber Certificate.)
- Letter of Application detailing: a) academic background and/or professional credentials, b) relevant research and work experience, c) career goals and reasons for enrollment in this program.
- Two letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's: academic work; professional experience, if any; 3) ability to handle master's level curriculum, and how the applicant can be expected to contribute to the program.
International13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6630 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6630 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1662 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.