Get the preparation you need to work in middle and high school classrooms throughout Massachusetts by developing an in-depth understanding of evidence-based practice with the Secondary Education program of Endicott College. Utilizing the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks as a guide, you will gain experience with curriculum development and modification to support all learners in your classes.
Upon graduation, you will be eligible to earn an initial license from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in Middle and/or High School (depending on program) in one of the approved subject areas: English, history, humanities, biology, chemistry, physics, general science, and math/science.
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
- Design high quality instruction, including authentic and meaningful student assessments
- Analyze student performance and growth data and to use this data to improve instruction and practice
- Teach all students through instructional practices that establish high expectations, a safe and effective classroom environment, and cultural proficiency
- Promote the learning and growth of all students through effective partnerships with families, caregivers, community members, and organizations
- Ensure the learning and growth of all students through ethical, culturally proficient, skilled, and collaborative practice
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Sheltered English Immersion
- Data Literacy
- Strategies for Classroom Management
- Adolescent Literacy
- Writing Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference)
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English. Endicott also accepts IELTS scores
- Interview with the program director (only required for some programs)
International19080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 530 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Beverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.