Faculty members are engaged in research areas that complement the academic program such as: space sciences; sensor networks; robotics; remote sensing; software-defined radios; advanced electronics; advanced analytical tool development for biomedical and seismic signals; which lead to the development of engineering and scientific instrumentation.
This degree program at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology is ideal for students who are interested in pursuing public and private sector positions in electrical engineering or advancing to a PhD degree.
The faculty of the Department of Electrical Engineering strives to continuously improve the graduate program in electrical engineering. The educational objectives reflect the needs of, and have been reviewed by, among others, the Advisory Board and faculty. Several years after graduation it is expected that our graduates will be:
- technology leaders who fearlessly discover, apply and teach new knowledge and engineering practices;
- entrepreneurially minded innovators driving positive economic and social impact in their communities and the nation;
- adaptive learners who continue to grow educationally and professionally through advancing their education.
- an ability to apply methods of advanced analysis appropriate for professionals to use when solving problems;
- an ability to apply an in‐depth knowledge in a particular field of study that supports the use of innovative techniques to solve problems;
- an ability to demonstrate skills pertinent to the research process, including the ability to formulate problems, synthesize and integrate information, work collaboratively, communicate effectively, and publish results (MS thesis students).
- Measurement and Instrumentation
- Advanced Digital Design
- Modern Control Systems
- Embedded Control Systems
- Advanced Topics in Electrical Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 378 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The following are required for graduate applications:
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Unofficial GRE scores
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students whose first language is not English. English Language Requirements
- Recommendations letters (three)
- Statement of Purpose
International25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25686 USD per year during 24 months.
National25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25686 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8738 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Socorro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.