The mission of the Biology Department at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology is to provide students with a relevant education for biomedical and biotechnological careers, to lead in molecular biological research, and to serve the university and the scientific community.
A wide variety of career opportunities is currently available for those individuals possessing advanced knowledge and skills, particularly in the areas of biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology, ecology, genetics, endocrinology, and immunology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The master’s candidate must demonstrate competence in mathematics, chemistry, and physics comparable to New Mexico Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Biology. Requirements for the Master of Science degree in Biology follow the M.S. with Thesis option (page 56). Additional requirements are the following:
- Completion of at least six credit hours of 500‐level biology coursework other than thesis, directed study, or seminar.
- Completion of at least six credit hours of 500‐level coursework other than thesis, directed study, or seminar in one or more disciplines outside of biology.Completion of two credit hours of BIOL 501, Graduate Seminar.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 524 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following are required for graduate applications:
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Unofficial GRE scores
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students whose first language is not English. English Language Requirements
- Recommendations letters (three)
- Statement of Purpose
International25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12843 USD per semester during 24 months.
National25686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12843 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4639 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Socorro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.