Students interested in the Educational Leadership program of the Georgia Southern University must be currently employed in P-12 setting and possess a Professional Level Four Certificate or higher in a teacher, service, or leadership field. Embedded within this program is Tier I leadership certification, which may be taken independently as an 18-credit Tier I Educational Leadership Certificate-Only Program for those who already possess an M.Ed., as well as a 9-credit Teacher-Leader Endorsement (TLE).
Either program is available as part of the M.Ed. program or may be taken separately depending on an individual’s current credentials. The program is administered through the cohort model, and the course sequence is prescribed and provided to candidates upon admission. The 250 required hours of clinical practice are job-embedded and performance-based throughout the program, and are guided cooperatively by the university and the school/district partner via supervised field experience courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal and Ethical Issues in School Leadership
- Managing Human Capital
- Finance for Educational Leaders
- Politics of P-12 Public Education
- Transformational School Leadership
- Learning, Cognition, and Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 730 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Complete requirements for a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a Professional Level Four Certificate or higher in a teacher, service, or leadership field.
- Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) GPA or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words.
- Acknowledge Disclosure and Affirmation questions within the application that address misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
- Submit The Principal's Assurance Form.
- Submit a current resume or CV that highlights the personal and professional achievements of the applicant. Candidate must be employed in a P-12 school setting in order to complete required field experience hours.
- Submit a passing score on the state-required Georgia Educator Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment.
International358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
National358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.