The Master of Education degree (MEd) in Educational Leadership program is designed to prepare students with a Bachelor’s degree for the following positions in school administration:School Principal/Assistant Principal (PreK-6)School Principal/Assistant Principal (5-8)School Principal/Assistant Principal (9-12)School Business Administrator (all levels)Supervisor/Director (all levels)These programs have been approved for licensure purposes by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. This includes licensure reciprocity with signatory states under the Interstate Certification Compact.Upon completion of their program option, students seeking Massachusetts licensure must possess an appropriate Massachusetts initial license and have had three years of employment in the role covered by that license, except where not required by licensure regulations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Educational Leadership and School Reform
- Educational Leadership and Managerial Effectiveness
- Research Applications for School Leaders
- Managing Human and Financial Resources
- Designing the School/District Professional Learning Community
- School Plant Planning and Administration
- Education of Diverse Populations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 3526 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (official transcript required)
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.8
- Completed application form
- Three letters of recommendation (one from immediate supervisor)
- An essay on the candidate’s philosophy of educational leadership
- Initial licensure in other area dependent upon administrative licensure sought in addition to all Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education administrative licensure requirements. Exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis as approved by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Passing score on the Communication and Literacy Skills portion of the Massachusetts Tests
National439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition: $1,260.00
- Required Fees (all students): $6,641.28
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.