With the unprecedented rise globally of conflict-induced and climate-induced disasters, the need to ensure collective, effective responses to humanitarian crises that meet the needs of disaster-affected communities has never been more pressing. Addressing the multidimensional challenges of humanitarian action requires well-trained professionals who possess multi-sector knowledge, cultural understanding, and practical skillsets.
Built on social justice values and humanitarian principles, this 30-credit interdisciplinary program is uniquely focused on the theory and practice of humanitarian relief, and is centered on equipping you with a wide range of skills and competencies necessary for a dynamic career in the sector.
You will be challenged to examine critically the political, social, economic, and legal foundations of the contemporary humanitarian sector, and to master various techniques to engaging holistic and sustainable responses to protracted and rapid onset humanitarian crises.
Humanitarian Studies Program at Fordham University Highlights
- Join an innovative graduate program, the first of its kind, U.S.-based Master’s degree dedicated exclusively to international humanitarian response
- Engage deeply in contemporary humanitarian issues, including forced migration, human rights in conflict, urban disasters, and education in crises
- Focus on developing practical field skills through unique experiential learning opportunity in New York and overseas
- Cultivate an extensive network of high-qualified graduate program alumni and practitioners through the Institute of International Humanitarian Affairs
- Learn policy making and project management skills and techniques from faculty with both academic and field experience in humanitarian relief and assistance
- Enrich your coursework with immersive internship, independent study and thesis research opportunities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Humanitarian Action
- Contemporary Issues in Humanitarian Action
- Information Management
- Humanitarian Resource Management & Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 246 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.