Over the course of the required 36 semester credit hours, you will take classes in technical and tactical skills as well as team management. A thesis is not required in this program.
The Coaching program of Texas Woman's University is offered completely online so you immediately can apply what you learn in the classroom to your job.
Why Sports Coaching at TWU?
TWU believes in empowering women to be leaders in our society, and coaches have a unique capacity to provide and cultivate that leadership. Of course, we welcome coaches of boys and men in our program, but we believe they too benefit from this unique perspective and curriculum.
TWU’s Kinesiology department focuses on the distinctive role our graduates have among women, and we uniquely prepare quality coaches to work with women in a productive and professional manner. We believe in the power of coaches to make a difference in their communities.
Careers & Salaries
After earning this degree, career opportunities include:
- High school coach or athletic director
- Director of community sports program
- Sport-specific trainer or professional instructor
- Head college coach
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory of Coaching
- Sport Injury Prevention and First Aid
- Organization and Administration for Effective Team Management
- Sport Psychology
- Sport Conditioning and Nutrition
- Technical Skills Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCoaching View 22 other Masters in Coaching in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in health promotion, public health, kinesiology, or a related field from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional or general accrediting agency, or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 semester credit hours of bachelor's degree coursework, as evidenced by official transcripts
- For those seeking the M.S. in Kinesiology with Biomechanics emphasis, submission of GRE scores is highly recommended
- For international students, a test of English proficiency or exception
- Personal Statement Letter
- Professional resume/curriculum vita evidencing appropriate academic background and relevant experience for graduate study
- Two letters of recommendation submitted by faculty members and/or employers
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.