As technology, lifestyles, work patterns, values, and the needs of communities change, the recreation, park and tourism profession is challenged to provide even more meaningful leisure opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, ability, race, and ethnicity.
Why Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration at Western Illinois University?
Exciting and rewarding career opportunities are available to RPTA graduates through employment in the following:
- Urban community leisure service agencies
- Suburban community leisure service agencies
- Rural community leisure service agencies
- Church recreation
- Commercial recreation
- Tourism industry
- Senior citizen centers
- State and national parks
- Outdoor recreation agencies
- Adventure recreation agencies
- Health clubs
- Cruise ships
- Upscale hotels
- Community therapeutic recreation organizations
- Hospital-based therapeutic recreation programs
- Moral, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) in the Armed Services
- Correctional institutions
- Experiential education programs
- Youth service organizations
All Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration graduate faculty possess terminal degrees in recreation, parks, tourism, or other related fields. Each faculty member has a particular area of expertise ranging from public administration, nonprofit management, therapeutic recreation, outdoor recreation, tourism, facility management, and camp administration. Faculty members are recognized nationally and internationally for their research and publications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Measurement and Statistical Analysis
- Philosophy of Leisure
- Seminar in Administration of Leisure Services
- Fiscal Management in Leisure Services
- Research Methods in Leisure Services
- Seminar in Leisure Services
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Administration Landscape Architecture Tourism & Leisure View 116 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.