The History program at Western Illinois University assists in the professional development of full-time teachers and other educators and provides a basis for further graduate study
Why Choose History at WIU
The History department offers graduate courses at the University’s Macomb campus and is a recognized regional leader in quality and value.
Students in the graduate program have presented their research at regional academic conferences such as the Missouri Valley Conference and the Illinois History Symposium.
Graduate students in the program have also completed one-semester internships at the Rock Island Arsenal, the Putnam Museum in Davenport, the Des Moines County Historical Society in Burlington, the Kibbe Museum in Carthage, and at the Western Illinois Museum.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Plan I. Thesis
- Plan II. Applied Project
- Plan III. General Coursework
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesHistory View 491 other Masters in History in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.