A Master in Neuroscience at University of Illinois at Chicago is also attainable by physician residents in Psychiatry (see note on MS page). As a multidisciplinary program, students have numerous research opportunities in several departments across the campus. Fields of study cluster around three areas of concentration: neural signal transduction and molecular biology; systems and integrative neuroscience; and human/therapeutic neuroscience, cognition, and neural imaging.
NOTE: The Master of Science in Neuroscience is for those currently holding an MD degree and completing a Psychiatry residency program at UIC. These master’s candidates will be supported from an NIMH Training Grant that is already in place at UIC that represents a specific initiative by the NIH to support the training of physician/scientists. No other candidates for the Master of Science degree will be considered.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Neuroanatomy
- Cell Biology
- Research Methods
- Foundations of Neuroscience
- Experimental Foundations of Psychopharmacology
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesNeuroscience View 64 other Masters in Neuroscience in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree Requirements Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from a nationally accredited program.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- Letters of Recommendation Three required, preferably from instructors and advisors who are familiar with the applicant’s recent work.
- Personal Statement A one-to three-page statement of the applicant’s professional goals, including the justification for pursuing a career in neurosciences, is required.
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.