The Master in Medical Physiology at the University of Illinois at Chicago is an intensive, one-year program with an emphasis on human physiology, clinical applications of physiology, gross anatomy, neuroscience, stem cells, and exposure to the latest literature and research in physiology.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to continue studies in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and other medical professions, or pursue careers in teaching, regulatory oversight, basic or clinical research in academic or pharmaceutical settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gross Human Anatomy
- Stem Cells
- Human Physiology
- Clinical Applications of Physiology
- Departmental Seminar
- Cell Physiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 495 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Baccalaureate Field - Individuals with a baccalaureate degree in the chemical/physical/biological sciences or pre-med program will be considered. If planning to apply to medical or health science schools after they graduate from the MS in Medical Physiology, prior completion of all medical or dental school prerequisite courses is required.
- Letters of Recommendation - Three required, at least two from course professors and at least one from a professor in the sciences. Committee letters are acceptable.
- Personal Statement - Required (500 words).
- Statement of Purpose Required - (500 words).
- Resume or List of Relevant Activities - Required.
- Undergraduate Transcripts - Required.
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.