Sequences at the education specialist level expand this base and add elements that contribute to continued professional growth and those required, specifically, to qualify for the position of superintendent of schools.
The Educational Leadership program at Western Illinois University develops instructional leaders who enable educational institutions, regardless of the obstacles, to exceed the No Child Left Behind annual progress requirements. This goal is achieved by means of a collaborative, inquiry-based learning structure that unites a group of practicing professionals to explore how theory, research, applied technology, and heightened political understanding serve to resolve the issues educational leaders regularly face. Although three graduate degrees are offered, all programs of specialization are designed as interrelated activities.
- School principal
- School Superintendent
- Curriculum director
Why Choose Educational Leadership at WIU?
The mission of the Department of Educational Leadership is to prepare transformational leaders who cultivate exemplary learning organizations.
The Department of Educational Leadership faculty holds doctoral degrees from some of the finest universities in the United States. Their professional experience includes service as principals, business managers, curriculum directors, and district superintendents.
The principal preparation program is accredited through the Education Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC), and has been approved by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). WIU’s licensure officer is authorized to approve endorsement for students seeking principal endorsement in Illinois, Iowa and Missouri.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership Development and Self-Assessment
- Leading the Core Curriculum
- School Leadership and Technology
- Data for School Leaders
- Fundamentals of School Law
- Leadership for Special Needs
- Integrating Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Supervision of Instruction
- Methods of Research
- Tracy Davis, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- James La Prad, Ph.D., University of Virginia
- Sterling Saddler, Ph.D., Penn State University
- Stuart O. Yager, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3510 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S.
- Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.