The Master program in Forensic Science at the University of Illinois at Chicago is fully accredited by the Forensic Science Education Programs Accreditation Commission. The program covers a broad range of laboratory disciplines with an emphasis on analytical and interpretative skills for people who seek careers in forensic science and criminalistics.
The role of forensic laboratory sciences in justice system processes is an integrating theme. There is an opportunity for some specialization through the selection of electives.
Forensic science is a broad field in which different scientific fields are used to analyze physical evidence in relation to matters of the law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forensic Science: Survey and Foundations
- Forensic Analysis of Biological Evidence
- Forensic Chemistry and Trace Evidence Analysis
- Physical Pattern Evidence Analysis
- Forensic Drug Analysis and Toxicology
- Expert Witness Testimony and Courtroom Demeanor
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesForensic Science View 104 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
- Baccalaureate Field - BS in physical, biological, or pharmaceutical sciences (chemistry or biochemistry recommended). Minimum of one semester analytical chemistry and one semester physical chemistry. Instrumental analysis, biochemistry, and additional physical chemistry desirable.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- Letters of Recommendation - Three required.
- Personal Statement Required.
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.