This Curriculum and Instruction graduate program is designed for practicing teachers who teach from pre-kindergarten through the middle grades. Graduates of the program enhance their professional expertise and are poised to assume leadership roles within their schools and districts.
The Curriculum and Instruction Graduate Program includes areas of specialization in literacy education, elementary curriculum, early childhood education, math education, science education, and social studies education. Candidates are able to choose the direction they feel will most benefit them in their current teaching position in grade levels that range from Pre-K through the middle grades. The Department of Curriculum and Instruction is pleased to have faculty with expertise in a variety of grade levels and content areas that are known throughout the country for teaching, service, and scholarly activities.
The Master of Science degree in Curriculum and Instruction at Western Illinois University not only influences career advancement, but also keeps early childhood, elementary, and middle level teachers abreast of developments in their chosen profession with the completion of core courses that are required of all candidates in the program. The degree requires 30 semester hours of coursework, including core components, an area of specialization, two electives, and a capstone experience.
Three areas of specialization within the Curriculum and Instruction graduate program can be completed entirely online: elementary curriculum, literacy education and early childhood education. The remaining areas of specialization can be completed partially online and partially face-to-face. While a common core of coursework is required, which includes information on recent trends and research, assessment and differentiation, and methods of research, each specialization addresses different components of the early childhood, elementary, and middle level curriculum.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods of Research
- Assessment and Differentiation of Instruction
- Recent Trends and Research in Elementary Education
- Methods of Research
- Early Childhood Assessment
- Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Seminar in Early Childhood Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducational Research Teaching View 1056 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.