Communication students at Western Illinois University often participate in seminars and work one-on-one with faculty members.Graduates of the program pursue professional careers in a broad range of business and educational organizations, or they continue their graduate education beyond the master’s level.
The discipline routinely prepares students to enter a variety of diverse professions including event planning, recruiting, college instructor, business management, training and development, politics, and organizational consulting.
Why Choose Communication at WIU
The master’s program in communication at WIU is large enough to be of recognized quality and rigor, but small enough to provide you with individualized attention. The Department of Communication graduate faculty is noted for their teaching effectiveness as well as their significant scholarly and professional activities.
The advantages are:
- small classes
- working closely with faculty
- the opportunity for graduate assistantship funding
- increased job options
- preparation for doctoral studies
- the choice of a thesis, applied project, or research paper to complete your degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Research Design in Communication
- Rhetorical Theory
- Organizational Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 517 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Applicants for admission to the School of Graduate Studies must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S.
- Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants usually apply for admission to a degree program simultaneously with admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- If the applicant meets the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, a copy of the application materials is forwarded to the program of interest for consideration.
International13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13830 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.