- The Accounting program of The University of Akron offers accounting majors the flexibility to combine their accounting backgrounds with coursework in information systems and finance. Students who are new to the field of accounting are able to gain the skills to pursue a career in the field of accounting. Students may pursue either a professional accountancy option or an accounting information systems option. The MSA offers students the opportunity to develop substantive knowledge, skills, and abilities in accounting.
- Students are encouraged to begin the program in the fall semester. Students needing pre-MSA foundation level courses may start in summer.
- Enterprise Systems and Internal Control
- Contemporary Accounting Issues
- Enterprise Risk Assessment and Assurance
- Accounting and Assurance Project
- Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Information Systems Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
It is recommended that international students apply six weeks prior to these dates to allow time for admission and I-20 visa processing.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 701 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- GMAT (score of 500 or better preferred) or GRE, LSAT, PCAT, or MCAT scores. Test waivers may be granted for students holding an advanced degree or those with three or more years of work experience beyond conferral of the bachelor's degree.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Undergraduate degrees in accounting from a regionally accredited institution or international equivalent or a non-accounting undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or international equivalent.
International43308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 802 USD per credit during 12 months.
National43308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 802 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State24894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 461 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Akron
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.