Diagnostic examinations in music history and music theory are administered prior to the first semester of enrollment. Students complete their M.M. Portfolio either during the semester prior to the final semester or during the final semester. The portfolio demonstrates advanced competencies of teaching music.
- Research Methods in Music
- Advanced Conducting
- The Measurement of Musical Behavior
- Music Supervision
- Contemporary Trends in Music Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application one month prior to the posted departmental deadline.
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3667 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete online graduate school application
- GRE scores from a test taken within the past 5 years
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one of which should be an academic reference)
- Resume or curriculum vitae detailing work experience, volunteer experience, and research background
- Personal statement that outlines professional goals
International11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11665 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6666 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State3596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3596 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.