About the Mathematics program
Our Mathematics program at Southern University and A&M College is housed in T.T. Allain on the third floor. This building was named in honor of Theophile T. Allain who was one of the few delegates or sponsors responsible for the establishment of Southern University in 1880. T. T. Allain Hall which is well over 80 years old, provides the space for the department's classrooms and computer laboratories.
The main mathematics computer laboratory provides students with supplementary exercises to classroom lectures, computerized testing, and fast Internet access for mathematics related projects.
This laboratory is furnished with flat-screened monitors and computers. Incorporating technology into the curriculum for the mathematics faculty is alive and well. Hence, each student is strongly encouraged to use these services along with expert guidance from the faculty to maximize his/her chances for success in mathematics.
- 500 FOUNDATIONS OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS (Credit, 3 hours).
- HISTORY OF MATHEMATICS (Credit, 3 hours).
- ABSTRACT ALGEBRA I (Credit, 3 hours).
- ABSTRACT ALGEBRA II (Credit, 3 hours).
- COMPUTATIONAL LINEAR ALGEBRA I, II (Credit, 3 hours).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics View 939 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree granted by a regionally accredited institution (or a recognized university, if you are an international student)
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.7 in all undergraduate work pursued and at least 3.0 on all graduate work completed. (Please note that if your GPA is less than 2.7 but at least 2.5, you may still be considered for conditional admission at the discretion and upon the recommendation of your chosen program of interest.)
- Submit acceptable scores in the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination
- Satisfy any additional requirements of the academic department in which the chosen degree program is housed.
International10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 24 months.
National10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.