The M.S. in Microbiology from University of New Hampshire combines a dynamic curriculum in a broad range of areas with interdisciplinary research opportunities at the frontiers of microbial genetics and genomics, host-microbe interactions and environmental microbiology.
Research opportunities are available in many cutting-edge microbiology research areas, including host-microbe interactions, parasitology, and immunology; environmental microbiology; signal transduction pathways; molecular microbiology and biotechnology; genomics and bioinformatics; transcriptional and translational regulation; and microbial ecology and evolution.
Distinctive features of the program include:
- Emphasis on interdisciplinary research training
- Well-equipped research laboratories and core facilities on the UNH campus.
- Laboratory rotations allowing students to become familiar with a wide range of research and laboratory management styles.
- Weekly graduate student seminar presentations, as well as a departmental seminar series of outside speakers, supporting a lively and engaged culture of shared research and discoveries.
- Opportunities to gain teaching experiences and earn money as a graduate teaching assistant.
- Academic research
- Biotechnology research scientist
- Lab manager
- Pharmaceutical research scientist
- Plant-Microbe Interactions
- Genetics of Prokaryotic Microbes
- Microbial Ecology and Evolution
- Molecular Microbiology
- Soil Ecology
- 34 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 287 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee: $65
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 34 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 34 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD per year during 34 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.