The Urban Forestry program at Southern University and A&M College utilizes an interdisciplinary, total quality managementapproach to train students so that they can ultimately address criticalissues and concerns in the science and management of urban forestryand natural resources. Each student will follow a prescribed program ofcourse work and conduct a thesis research or capstone project tailoredtoward emerging issues or problems in urban forestry.
The overall objectives of the program in urban forestry are
- To develop student’s ability to synthesize relevant knowledgeand skills in urban forestry and related disciplines for soundurban forestry practices.
- To extend advanced training in urban forestry to high schoolteachers for the advancement of the art and science of urbanforestry and natural resources.
- To provide the latest technology and training to tree careprofessionals in order to preserve and protect the urbanenvironment.
- To academically prepare students for study at the doctoral levelat various universities in the nation.
- To initiate and sustain collaborative efforts with variousgovernmental, public and private and organizations to addressissues and concerns in urban forestry and to promote urbanforest health and natural resource conservation.
- To conduct research aimed at addressing natural resourceissues in urban environment.
- 4 Experimental Statistics and Design
- Tree Growth and Development
- Global Change and Environ. Consequence
- Agricultural Biosecurity .
- Urban ForestEcophysiology
- Advanced Urban Forest Management
- Applications of Integrated GIS/GPS
- Thesis Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesForestry Environmental Sciences View 654 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree granted by a regionally accredited institution (or a recognized university, if you are an international student)
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.7 in all undergraduate work pursued and at least 3.0 on all graduate work completed. (Please note that if your GPA is less than 2.7 but at least 2.5, you may still be considered for conditional admission at the discretion and upon the recommendation of your chosen program of interest.)
- Submit acceptable scores in the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination
- Satisfy any additional requirements of the academic department in which the chosen degree program is housed.
International10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 12 months.
National10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.