About the program
Consistent with the Southern University and A&M College conceptual framework, the department is committed to teaching, research and service, and feels a responsibility to further humanize and liberalize students with whom it has contact, with a view toward advancing best practices in mental health, critical thinking skills, diversity consciousness, and a global perspective.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program primary purpose is to serve the educational needs of a clientele that is ethnically sensitive to the social and economic woes affecting all people, but especially the African-American population. Curricula are developed, continuously evaluated and redesigned to foster concepts and ideas that produce professional counselors.
Southern University and Agricultural & Mechanical College is accredited by the The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Theories of Vocational Development
- Group Counseling Processes
- Cognitive & Behavioral Treatment
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Personality and Development Dynamics
- Behavioral Science and the Law
- Clinical Mental Health Concentration:
- Foundations of Mental health Counseling (SU, FA)
- Clinical Psychodiagnostic Assessment
- Analysis of the Individual
- Substance Abuse, Dynamics & Treatment
- Advanced Psychopathology and the Family System
- Marriage & Family Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health School Counselling View 1622 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree granted by a regionally accredited institution (or a recognized university, if you are an international student)
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.7 in all undergraduate work pursued and at least 3.0 on all graduate work completed. (Please note that if your GPA is less than 2.7 but at least 2.5, you may still be considered for conditional admission at the discretion and upon the recommendation of your chosen program of interest.)
- Submit acceptable scores in the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination
- Satisfy any additional requirements of the academic department in which the chosen degree program is housed.
International10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 24 months.
National10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.