Are you interested in the environment around you, and does a job or career in marine science appeal to you? Do your interests lie in the aquatic realm, specifically the marine system that includes oceans, estuaries and the atmosphere? Then you’re in luck!
Students in the Oceanography graduate program at University of New Hampshire are trained in the broad sub disciplines (physical, biological, chemical and geological oceanography) and in their specialty field, and conduct research in topics including – but not limited to – coastal and estuarine processes, sedimentation and transport, ocean modeling, ocean acidification, climate change, ocean mapping, paleoceanography and climatology, primary productivity and microbial ecology of marine systems.
- Academic teaching
- Consulting firms
- Government research (NOAA/NRL/USGS/USACE)
- State regulatory agencies
- Biological Oceanography
- Chemical Oceanography
- Geological Oceanography
- Marine Bioacoustics
- Quantitative Methods in Earth Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Marine Studies View 146 other Masters in Marine Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.