Students in the Oceanography graduate program at the University of New Hampshire are trained in the broad sub disciplines (physical, biological, chemical and geological oceanography) and in their specialty field, and conduct research in topics including – but not limited to – coastal and estuarine processes, sedimentation and transport, ocean modeling, ocean acidification, climate change, ocean mapping, paleoceanography and climatology, primary productivity and microbial ecology of marine systems.
- Academic teaching
- Consulting firms
- Government research (NOAA/NRL/USGS/USACE)
- State regulatory agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our faculty span the major disciplines of oceanography. Marine facilities at UNH include the Jackson Estuarine Laboratory, Coastal Marine Facility (and vessels), Shoals Marine Lab on Appledore Island, and a variety of research space in the Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory, Ocean Processes Analysis Laboratory, Earth Sciences and Biological Sciences Departments, and the Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping, a Joint Hydrographic Center with NOAA.
- Our graduates are well-suited to jobs that require knowledge of coastal and ocean processes, field data collection analysis, at-sea experience, modeling and laboratory techniques.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 59 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: The University of New Hampshire recommends that international applicants who are living outside of the United States, and are planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.