Graduates are well-prepared to hold positions as public health professionals in local community organizations, hospitals, health management organizations, government agencies, the military, academia, international organizations, and the private sector. Instructional faculty are leading teachers and researchers in the field of public health as well as local practitioners in the specialized fields that comprise each of the option areas. The Public Health program’s rich and diverse curriculum at the California State University San Marcos provides students with the concrete tools they need to operate competently in the field after they graduate.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
In accordance with the standards developed by the Council on Linkages between Academia and Public Health Practice and the recommendations of the Association of Schools of Public Health, students will develop skills in eight major areas:
- Analytical/assessment skills
- Policy development/program planning skills
- Communication skills
- Health disparities/cultural sensitivity skills
- Community dimensions of practice skills
- Public health sciences skills
- Financial planning and management skills
- Leadership and systems thinking skills
Students who graduate with a Master in Public Health will be able to:
- Identify public health status and needs through community populations assessment.
- Develop comprehensive plans and policies to address public health problems and needs.
- Analyze and apply best implementation practices of public health programs.
- Evaluate public health plans and develop an evaluation system to measure a plan’s effectiveness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Public Health
- Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Foundations of Health Systems Organization, Delivery, and Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 1317 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study
- Copy of official transcript(s) from all college work
- Two signed letters of recommendation
- A 300- to 500-word narrative statement describing how the program relates to professional goals
- A current resume demonstrating experience (paid or volunteer) in public health
International16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 USD per year during 24 months.
National16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.