Designed as a comprehensive examination of global military history, this highly regarded online master’s degree improves on your proficiency as a historian, and places our world’s military achievements and conflicts in chronological, geographical, political, and economic context.
Founded as the nation’s first private military college, Norwich University is an important part of America’s proud military history. Our Master of Arts in Military History program reflects, honors, and extends Norwich’s military heritage.
- Build a wide base of historical knowledge in the field of military history.
- Learn from expert faculty to improve your historical insight, research, writing, analysis and presentation skills.
- Explore different theaters of conflict, including America, Asia, Africa, Latin America and China.
- Benefit from our unique curriculum, which is informed by the American Historical Association.
- Apply to one of four start dates per year.
- Global Military History to 1800
- Military Thought and Theory
- Non-Western Military History
- Chinese Military History
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 37 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Application form
- Resume that includes 3 professional references with contact information
- Official transcript of your undergraduate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited university
- Letter of intent
- Admissions essay demonstrating graduate-level writing and critical thinking skills, or the GRE
International17256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 719 USD per credit during 18 months.
National17256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 719 USD per credit during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.