- to prepare students for the emerging roles and functions withing the health information management domain,
- to provide graduate level education that will prepare students to develop problem solving skills with the ability to analyze and evaluate systems, technology, regulations, data needs to assist in creating new methods, and in policy development,
- to provide a broad-based program of coursework that supports the varied aspects of HIM practice focusing on health data management, data analytics, health information technology project management, and compliance with regulations including privacy of patient information,
- to establish a framework for professional behavior and ethical principles to be used to guide decision-making and actions in the expanding role of health information management professionals, and
- to conduct research that will illustrate and define the health information body of knowledge.
The curriculum of this Health Information Management program at Texas State University will help prepare leaders in the areas of information technology, data stewardship, Health Information Exchange information governance, clinical documentation integrity, project management, and quality data analytics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Informatics, Analytics and Data Use
- Research Methods for HIM
- Information Systems and Technology
- Data Security, Privacy, and Confidentiality
- Health Data Content Structure and Standards
- Healthcare Finance and Revenue Cycle Management
- Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Compliance for HIM Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Informatics View 160 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee or
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work in pathophysiology and pharmacology; medical terminology; anatomy and physiology; statistics; and introduction to micro computer applications (to be completed before starting the program)
- GRE not required
- statement of purpose
- three letters of recommendation
International15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.