The MPH in Family and Child Health is offered by the Department of Health Promotion Sciences. The Family and Child Health Concentration (FCH) provides students a curriculum that addresses socioeconomic, cultural, political and physiological issues that affect the health of families, women of all ages, infants, children and adolescent. Students entering the FCH concentration must choose a plan of work in one of two specialized areas: Maternal and Child Health (MCH) or Global Health.
All students in the Public Health - Family and Child Health degree offered by the University of Arizona will take a set of courses that focus on maternal and child health issues, government policies affecting women and children, adolescent health, and nutrition. In addition, each student, under the guidance of a faculty mentor, will develop an individualized plan of study for his or her specialized area of interest.
Arizona's first and only accredited college of public health, the University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health is uniquely situated in the culturally rich and diverse Southwest. Distinguished for our outstanding community-based research and for our focus on eliminating health disparities among populations of the Southwest and globally, the UA Zuckerman College of Public Health offers tremendous opportunities to its students for education, research and community involvement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic Principles of Epidemiology
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Sociocultural and Behavioral Aspects of Public Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fall Deadlines
- Priority: January 5
- Secondary: April 1
- Note: Students who apply by the priority deadline will be given the highest priority for admissions and consideration for scholarships and assistantships.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Public Health Early Childhood Education View 887 other Masters in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 GPA
- One course in college-level introductory, human, or general biology
- One course in college algebra, statistics or calculus
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Statement of purpose and objectives
- Mission and values statement
- GRE or MCAT scores required for all applicants
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.