Graduates of the Clinical Counseling (Clinical Addictions Counseling concentration) program are eligible to attain the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) credential, and work in a variety of agencies, businesses, hospitals, and private practices. The faculty of the Clinical Counseling program are skilled educators and practitioners in the mental health profession and are committed to individual student needs, interests, and strengths, while providing a flexible educational experience.
The Clinical Counseling curriculum at Emporia State University , consisting of 60 credit hours, meets the core requirements of both Kansas and national certifying and licensing boards.
The program is also CACREP accredited, which assures the quality of the academic program, streamlines the licensure application process following graduation, and demonstrates the program has been reviewed against professionally approved standards. An essential part of our curriculum is practical clinical experience in a counseling setting (i.e., practicum experience in our campus clinic and the internship experience in a variety of counseling agencies).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders
- Case Management in Addiction & Rehabilitation
- Relationship & Family Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 980 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- GPA: dependent on academic program
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Emporia State University offers beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for students who need to improve their communication skills.
- The duration of time to complete the Intensive English Program is based on the English Proficiency Test score as well as the student's initiative and performance in class. Students may be allowed to enroll in one or more academic courses while enrolled in the Intensive English Program depending on their placement scores.
International12931 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12931 USD per year during 12 months.
National12931 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12931 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.