This Molecular and Cellular Biology - Accelerated Master's Program degree from University of Arizona is not open to students who have completed a Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree from another institution.
AMP students focus on completing undergraduate-level courses and gaining research experience during their first three to four years. Typically students will apply for AMP in their third year by submitting an application through the UA Graduate College. Upon acceptance to the Accelerated Master's Program, students continue to take a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses in their fourth year to complete their Bachelor's degree.
During this time, students also expound on their research, preparing for graduate-level research. Students will gradaute with an undergradaute degree and then are transitioned to gradaute students status. In the fifth and final year, students focus on graduate course work and their research-based thesis in order to complete the requirements for the Master's degree, including thesis defense.
Who should pursue the AMP?
The AMP is well-suited for students who aim to gain research experience at the graduate level, including pre-med students who may conduct research in the future, students who would like to evaluate their passion for research before launching into a PhD program, and others who might find graduate-level research experience beneficial for a future career or position.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cell Systems
- Nucleic Acids, Metabolism, and Signaling
- Genetic and Molecular Networks
- Proteins and Enzymes
- Biological Structures
- Principles of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Functional and Evolutionary Genomics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 204 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Be a current, continuing University of Arizona undergraduate.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.300.
- Have a minimum of one year of research experience.
- Have completed at least 75 units of undergraduate course work (a minimum of 12 undergraduate units must have been completed in the student's major at University of Arizona's main campus) at the time of application. Students must have completed 90 units of undergraduate credit to begin the AMP program.
- Be planning to graduate with the Bachelor's degree within one or two semester(s) of application.
- While students from any major at the U of A will be considered, applicants must have completed MCB 301, MCB 304, and MCB 305. It is acceptable if one of these courses is in progress at the time of application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.