Students who choose this program will be involved in course work covering radiation physics, imaging physics, radiation oncology physics, radiation safety, radiation biology and business. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a clinical radiation oncology physics internship. This internship will provide extensive training in radiation oncology physics including linear accelerator calibration, treatment planning, quality assurance, chart checking, external beam radiotherapy, brachytherapy and imaging. Imaging internships may be arranged for interested students. Students who complete this track will be well prepared for part 1 of the American Board of Radiology certification exam and will be ready to enter a medical physics residency program.
Research is an essential part of this program. Each student will be involved in a research project over the course of the time in the program. Student research projects are generally clinical in nature but opportunities for basic science projects are possible.
The Medical Physics program from University of Arizona also requires at least one business course as part of the program. Professional medical physicists are often involved in the business side of medicine and our program provides preparation for these duties. Graduating students will be able to adapt the business side of medical physics and provide knowledgeable contributions to their employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Physics
- Project Management
- Radiation Dosimetry
- Medical Physics Seminar
- Techniques in Particle Physics
- Experimental Physics
- Therapeutic Radiological Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Human Medicine Health Sciences View 593 other Masters in Physics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GPA 3.0
- General GRE required, physics subject test or related area strongly recommended but not required.
- Completed bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) in physics, nuclear engineering, health physics, medical physics, or other engineering (alternative preparation will be considered on a case-by-case basis but must include equivalence to a minor in physics including at least three upper division physics courses).
- 3 letters of recommendation from qualified individuals (provide contact info as part of online application)
- Statement of purpose: short essay describing interest in the Professional Science Master's Degree Program in Medical Physics at the University of Arizona and how it fits in with your scientific and career goals
- List of upper division physics courses taken and name of texts used.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.